Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Couple of New Manga and a book review

Not much new here - but "Fairy Tale" volumes 1 and 2 should be out in the next day or two.

I also just finished reading a really good book - "Deadline" by Chris Crutcher. It is sort of a sports story - the main character Ben and his brother Cody are both on the football team in their Senior Year; but it's also about a giant secret Ben is keeping from everyone - and how he deals with it.

The book is action-packed, happy, sad, thoughtful and funny in equal proportions. I think its one that just about anyone would enjoy!

1 comment:

Beth Fehlbaum, Author said...

Deadline is a fantastic book! Chris Crutcher is an awesome writer and, whether he knows it or not, he's a mentor to me-- he allowed me to integrate thematic elements of his book, Ironman, into my debut novel, Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse.

I'm a Texas author and I'd love to come to your library to do a booktalk after my book releases. Contact me if you're interested, please.

Beth Fehlbaum, author

Courage in Patience, a story of hope for those who have endured abuse
beth@bethfehlbaum.com
http://courageinpatience.blogspot.com
http://www.kunati.com/courage-in-patience
Chapter 1 is online