Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Maverick Reading List!

Of course, you've all heard of the Maverick Graphic Novels list, right? You know, the one where Texas Librarians find, read, vote on, and finally publish a list of the VERY BEST new Graphic Novels for teens each year? (At least for the last TWO years). Of COURSE you have....

(No, I don't really expect you have. But you can see the lists here.)

Well, my news is that as of NOW, I have been chosen to BE ON the selection committee for the next three years. This means that I will be reading over 200 graphic novels each year for the next 3 years, evaluating them, voting for or against them, and then donating most of them to the Library for you to read! Sweet!

And did you know that YOU can nominate your favorite GN's for the list to review? You can either suggest them to me (and I'll pass them on to the committee chair) or you can fill out the suggestion form yourself. Remember, though, the criteria -- they have to be GOOD books, suitable for teens, and published within the last year or so (2010, 2009 at the earliest). So read and recommend!

No comments: