Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Do you like the Hunger Games?

If you're like me, you've devoured all three novels, heard that they are making a movie, and are eagerly awaiting the news of who gets cast as Katniss.

Until then (sometime in January, I think), we'll have to make do by reading other novels that are similar in tone or flavor. Here are some things (in no particular order) I would suggest you try:

Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi
Graceling by Kristen Cashore
Maze Runner by James Dashner
The Silenced by James Davita
The Declaration by Gemma Malley
Dark Life by Kat Falls
Little Brother by Cory Doctorow
Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Truesight by David Stahler

I won't tell you more about all these books, because I want you to explore them and find out which ones YOU think are most like the Hunger Games. Or propose your own favorite read-alike, and I'll supplement the list with any suggestions I get.

No comments: