Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Reading Lists

Every summer, I find lists and lists of "Great Summer Reads". I always intend to read books from them, and sometimes I do. Sometimes, I don't.

But often, the lists tell me less about the books on them, than they does about the people who made the lists, so (since I love being nosy about people) I love browsing them...

Anyway, here are a few lists I've found that seem interesting:
Tween Fiction from the Kansas Star
Suggested Reading from the Coretta Scott King committee
TeenReads Ultimate Teen Reading List - compiled from reader suggestions

Do you have a favorite list of summer reads? Or just one title you'd love to suggest?
Right now, I'm reading a book by Robert Sawyer, entitled "www:wake". It is FASCINATING. Sci-fi of the very finest kind. If you've read and enjoyed Little Brother, or Starship Troopers, or Old Man's War, or if you like science fiction in general, I strongly suggest giving this book a try!

No comments: