Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Best Science Fiction of 2010

Are you a genre fiction reader? I LOVE certain genres, especially Science Fiction and Fantasy, so when I find a really good list, I devour it. Voya just put out their list of the best sci-fi and fantasy (and horror) of 2010. Unfortunately, it isn't up on their website yet... although the whole issue is available, if you want to browse through it (page 8-10 is the SF list) by clicking on "Digital Voya" on the right,

Also, I just got back from the Texas Library Association annual conference, where I had LOADS of fun. One program I attended was called "Demons in the Library: how to run an Anime Con." Since I will be hosting a 2-3 hour long program this summer, loosely called Japan Day, (to go along with India day and Polynesia day events), I was very interested in the subject.

I've decided that we should have a Cosplay Parade through the Library, show an anime episode of some sort, and have plenty of food and crafts to do. How does that sound? If you have any other suggestions, please comment (but realize we only have a couple hours of time!).

No comments: