Monday, April 25, 2011

What I've been Reading

I just finished reading a couple of graphic novels;

Chi's Sweet Home #5; this is the MOST adorable manga! Chi is a lovable little kitten who lost her way and found a new home with a Japanese family. She doesn't remember her own mama anymore, so in this story when "Aunt Calico" offers to introduce Chi to "her mama", Chi gets scared and runs away to her new home. Was Chi that close to finding her mother again? We'll have to wait to see if volume six reveals the end of the story... Seriously, if you're a cat person, you'll delight in seeing Chi discover tape, the cat door, the fluffy neighbor cat, and more...

I also read "Batman: The Return of Bruce Wayne" by Grant Morrison. Honestly, people, what is going on? This was a confusing, choppy mess! I am not the most knowledgeable about Batman, but I could NOT make sense of much of this story... I also thought that the dialog was really trite in places. The artwork was good, though.

No comments: